We're looking for:
Full-time position, Atlanta GA. Posted May 14, 2020.
Napa Home & Garden, a leading wholesale home décor company, is looking for an additional creative director to support our extensive product line which includes home, garden, floral & holiday. Reporting to the President, this person will have a highly visible role with the company and develop unique product lines within the company’s diverse offerings. The ideal candidate is a creative visionary, someone with exquisite style, a dedication to traveling abroad and a deep desire to work with artisans and factories. This person will be required to work as part of the Napa creative team and have the flexibility to perform many roles and tasks. He/she is passionate about putting together a beautiful home and garden, and inspires others by sharing this passion with customers, sales staff, and other team members alike.
The role encompasses creative direction across four primary areas: product, showroom, catalog/photography, and brand.
Duties & Responsibilities
The co-creative director will help set the vision and direction for each season’s product assortment (600-1000 new skus per season, 2x/yr, across decorative ceramics, wall art, lighting, basketry, candles, tabletop, furniture, faux floral, garden pots & planters, and holiday). This role would best suit a leader who loves to develop and select new product, see new opportunities and anticipate trends. He/she will continuously enhance the Napa product offer by finding new vendors and developing new product categories. Product categories would be assigned to each creative director.
In association with the Napa creative team, product management and sales groups, the co-creative director will also be expected to maintain timely delivery of quality product at target COG/margins, and provide continuous input on product development activities, product management, marketing and merchandising.
The co-creative director will work with the Director of Merchandising to help set the aesthetic vision for all Napa showrooms each season. He/she would be a key contributor to the merchandising of our showrooms, selecting looks and colors, optimizing maximum selling potential, and maintaining a high aesthetic standard for the Napa brand. He/she would work with Product Management to ensure all new product samples arrive on time for markets.
The co-creative director will work with Napa Marketing to help set the vision and provide art direction for all visual assets needed for each season (print and online). The right candidate will be adept at directing and styling photography, and work with Marketing to ensure that products are optimally merchandised and displayed in the catalog. He/she would work with Product Management to ensure all new product samples arrive in a timely fashion for the photo shoots.
The co-creative director holds the brand aesthetic standard for the company, ensuring that Napa’s casually elegant trademark style flows through all the company’s actions, products, services, and communications. He/she is expected to represent the Napa brand and product at all trade shows and key sales meetings.
- Keen aesthetic sensibility in line with Napa’s trademark style
- Proven ability to select or design products and build cohesive, successful product collections across multiple categories, season after season
- Freedom & passion to travel extensively, this role will require 20-30% (mostly international) travel
- Proven ability to merchandise product, both in showroom settings and in photography sessions
- Experience managing and negotiating with overseas suppliers, maintaining tight product development timelines, quality control, and compliance with federal product regulations
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to organize and manage his/her own time in line with production, sales and marketing timelines
- Ability to handle and track multiple projects as well as work independently
- Works well in a team environment and across multiple departments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technical design and manufacturing expertise across decorative ceramics, wall art, lighting, basketry, candles, tabletop, furniture, faux floral, garden pots & planters, and holiday products is greatly advantageous
- A love of gardens and gardening is a plus
- Broad network of existing factory relationships is also a plus
- Inspiring and visionary leader
- Independent worker; team player
- Creative, adaptable, and positive
- Presentation/Selling skills
- Ability to meticulously organize his/her own work, as well as manage the work of the team
- 4 year bachelor’s degree in product design or related field and/or equivalent experience
- 15 or more years’ experience as a wholesale buyer, product designer in home décor and accessories with a minimum of 5 years in a creative direction or senior buying role
- 5 or more years wholesale buyer of high end floral and or garden products
- Sitting, standing, walking
- Lifting, raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling)
- Carrying, pushing, pulling boxes and sample orders up to 50 lbs.
- Working, standing, walking at trade shows for up to 12 hours per day, 6 days a week at multiple markets per year
- International air travel as well as in country travel by land
Qualified applicants may send their resume or CV to KC Cunningham, Napa President, at firstname.lastname@example.org